The Importance Of Just Good Books
Shared reading is one of the best gifts you can give your children to enrich their education. As you sit together, read together and discuss ideas and thoughts together, you build relationships, grow a love of literature, and create a space for discovering a world of ideas.
7 Ways to include Just Good Books into your Homeschool Journey:
- Read aloud with your children every day just because it's fun - be intrigued, laugh and cry as you share books such as Sir Lancelot the Great, Pippi Longstocking, Charlotte's Web or The Great Brain.
- Journey the world through the eyes of others as you read biographies such as Li Lun, Lad of Courage, The Happiest Refugee or I am Malala. Biographies carry us into the lives of others and help us to see others with eyes of understanding and empathy.
- Delve back into history through historical fiction such as Angel on the Square, The Golden Goblet and Commodore Perry in the Land of the Shogun. Historical fiction lets us experience the past in a more personal way. These stories build memories that help us to store other related facts about the past.
- Develop understanding and empathy for other cultures through Malala's Magic Pencil, My World My Story and Listening to Country. We can only live our own lives, but through story, we can imagine what it might be like to live as someone else - to understand that everyone is 'I'.
- Enjoy exploring Science using the '100 Things to Know About...' series and other books such as Archimedes and the Door of Science or Old Bob's Birds. Take your pick - short sharp facts or living books - both of these are fabulous doors to a universe of Science.
- Experience the depths and intrigue of ancient tales such as Shadow Spinner and Mara Daughter of the Nile. Intrigue makes us think - and these tales of intrigue will draw us in. (Just beware - these stories are so captivating you might find yourself finishing them after your kids have gone to bed!)
- Are your kids begging for more read-alouds than you can read? Try Audible - we've been listening to the Narnia Series and Nelson Mandela's Favourite African Folktales.
Add Just Good Books to your Family Learning Plan today for a rich learning experience!